Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kale Chips Two Ways

I have been eating tons and tons of kale lately, and not even on purpose.  I was in AZ last week visiting the MIL and they have some really great restaurants in the Scottsdale/Phoenix/Sedona area.  Kale was a staple of my GFG Arizona diet, so upon coming home without even thinking I grabbed a bag of kale at TJ's.

One restaurant I had the opportunity to try was ChocolaTree in Sedona.  It's vegan/local/organic and very very crunchy.  As in, dirty hippies with vibrams and dreads talking about foraging for wild silk thistle or some such nonsense.  The meal was pretty good but what I really enjoyed were the cheezy kale chips I bought to snack on.  So I thought, how hard can that be?

Next time you have a big bag of Kale, try it two ways!

Sea Salt and Vinegar Kale Chips
1 bag of washed/shredded kale
3 T EVOO
2 T sea salt
3 T vinegar

Preheat your oven to 325.  Mix your kale, salt, oil, and vinegar together and coat evenly.  Bake for about 15 minutes CHECKING OFTEN because y'all, burnt kale tastes like butthole.  These have that great tangy flavor of those awesome vinegar potato chips I used to love, the Cape Cod ones.  Yummmmm.

Parmesan Kale Chips
1 bag kale
3 T EVOO
2 T sea salt
1/4 cup shredded parm

Pretty much the same directions- but make sure your cheese doesn't burn in the oven.

We had a blast in Arizona.  I was thrilled to go to Sedona.  It is a magical, beautiful, breath-taking place.  The town I wasn't crazy for, a bit too touristy for my liking, but you can absolutely not beat the scenery.  I'll post some pics soon after I've played around a bit more on instagram.

Have you been to Sedona?  What were your favorite sights?  Can't wait to go back and explore it again!

XoXoGFG

2 comments:

  1. I love Kale chips and you are SO right! If they burn they are awful! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try these, maybe next time I go to the grocery store. Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete