Thursday, July 17, 2014

New Beauty Products to Try!


Hi loves! So I said I was back and then poof! I was gone again.  This summer has been biz-to-the-z and I have just returned from being gone for two straight weeks.  One week we spent in Door County, WI, my happy place and basically favorite place on earth, and then last week I was in Boston for a conference.  These are some new, or newly repurchased products that I am currently loving and so should you!

My undereye situation is no joke peeps.  I have deep purple undereyes and it ain't pretty.  This is not new and they don't actually worsen with lack of sleep- they do get red and puffy however if I haven't slept.  Gorgeous huh?  They are hereditary and the medical term for them is "allergic shiners."  So between that and generally so very thin skin under my eyes, it's the perfect storm for some seriously purple eyes.  And not in a good way.  So I am constantly on the hunt for new products to help me out.

Unfortunately, there is no topical product, at least that I am aware of, that can help with the discoloration.  I have heard that an anti-histamine is actually the best way to tackle the discoloration but I am not about to start taking a bunch of steroids for such a silly reason.  Topical products can help to plump the area though.  I have somewhat sunken, thin undereyes, and this cerave eye repair creme is both plumping, smoothing, and very moisturizing, and a drugstore product to boot!  It has replaced all my other eye creams, even my fancy shmancy ones.

The second new eye product i'm digging is this First Aid Beauty Triple Remedy.  It has a wonderfully cooling metal applicator and leaves a pink shimmery tint on the skin, great for layering over your eye cream and under your concealer.  Not pictured is a similar product but a drugstore buy, the garnier under eye roller ball.  I enjoy both and would recommend them both.

The Originis charcoal face mask is a wonderful new addition to my skincare routine.  I use it mainly just on my nose, skin surrounding the nose, and chin, to help clear out pores and oil.  I really like it and I have not found another charcoal mask that works as well.  While not exfoliating or moisturizing, its great for clearing out your pores so that your other products can really get in there and do their thing.

That tiny little empty pot with the green label is a fabulous new gel product from Ole Henriksen, called Invigorating Night Gel.  Holy moly do I love this stuff.  It is an oil free gel you slather all over your face (at night only as it causes sunburn if applied during the day) and you honest to goodness wake up to more vibrant, prettier, healthier looking skin.  It has anti-aging ingredients and I definitely can say it is slightly exfoliating and plumping.  Loves it!

The next product I have used for years for just recently had to repurchase.  Can't go wrong with some good ol' oil free tinted moisturizer.  A little SPF and a lot of moisturizing without leaving your skin oily or greasy, this stuff is gold.  If you put it on and don't powder, you'll have dewy, moist looking skin for hours.

If a tinted moisturizer isn't doing it for you though, and you want something with more skin benefits, this Dermadoctor DD cream is worth trying out.  I was in the market for a new BB, one with anti-aging, moisturizing, and sun-protective properties.  This product is that and more.  It is a skin perfector, blemish clearing, pore diffusing beast!  And I believe it is a physical sunscreen and not a chemical sunscreen if that matters to you.  It is shade adjusting which I really appreciate because with my face being a tad darker these days, I don't want to have a product just sit in my drawer for 9 months until next summer.  It is not much coverage, but could certainly be layered under foundation if that's what your into.  I wear it alone and apply it with my fingers for the best look.

Lastly is a fun new lipgloss.  It's Sephora, and it's called Hot Coral and is a sheer hot pink/coral tint with beautiful coral sparkles.  Great for summer and looks pretty worn alone and even better layered over a coral lip.

Great summer products I'm totally digging right now.  Tell me what your loves are!! XoXo GFG

No comments:

Post a Comment