Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How was your Thanksgiving?

GFG just got back from Chi-town yesterday and barely made it to the g-store so no new recipes for now- but I'd love to hear how YOUR holiday was!  Any fun new recipes to share?  Healthy eating strategies you tested out?  We all like to indulge over the holidays and I am certainly no exception.  I had so much fun visiting with old friends, family, and watching S gobble up all the new and different foods she encountered.  We didn't end up having much time to shop but kept busy with lots of activities and exercise.  I also got to try uber-trendy restaurant The Publican for brunch on Sunday which was a rare treat.  They are huge into the nose-to-tail movement which I wholeheartedly applaud.  If you're around the West Loop, Greek Town, or find yourself in Fulton Market, check it out!  You won't be disappointed. 



While Thanksgiving has always been my fave holiday and by far, IMO, has the best food, the highlight of my trip was definitely all my adventures with S.  The Kohl's Children's Museum in Glenview, cabbage soup at The Bagel, visiting her namesake at the cemetery, running around Old Orchard, and meeting up with my best friend HJP to play at the park.  I hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving!  I have pinned about a thousand recipes over the past week or so, and have a lot to do in the kitchen!  Have a great night, XoXoGFG

No comments:

Post a Comment