Saturday, November 5, 2011

Salmon with Asian-Inspired Sauce, Snap Peas and Water Chestnuts

This has been a pretty horrible week- not going to lie.  I made these recipes I'm not sure what day, the whole week kind of runs together in my head.  Some weeks are going to be like that though right?  Good news is, I just went to an insanely hard Bar Method class, it was free as the studio has just opened up, and all that hard work released some major endorphins, so definitely feeling a little better now.  What do you do when times are tough?  Cooking is always therapeutic for me, but when I'm really upset, the thought of it irritates me!

I had some frozen salmon and snap peas and some water chestnuts that I wanted to use.  On a recent epi of Barefoot Contessa, my fave, she made a super quick side dish with snap peas and water chestnut.  And I had pinned an asian sauce preparation I was anxious to try.  The meal was ready in about 15 minutes, super easy, and really yummy.

Salmon and Asian Inspired Sauce
2 large salmon fillets, grilled, broiled, or seared to preferred doneness
1 bag frozen snap peas
1 small can of water chestnuts
2 green onions, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
3 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
4 tsp peanut butter
1 tsp sriracha
1/4 cup water

You'll need one saute pan and one small pot.  In the saute pan, with a bit of oil, begin sauteing chopped green onions and garlic.  After a few minutes, toss in snap peas.  I was lazy and threw them in frozen.  Let cook for a few minutes, then add 1 of the teaspoons of sesame oil.  After 3 or 4 minutes, toss in drained water chestnuts.  I wanted the veggies to brown, so I sauteed mine for quite awhile.  In your pot, add 2 tsp remaining sesame oil, soy sauce, water, rice wine vinegar, sriracha (or vietnamese garlic chili paste) and peanut butter.  Stir to incorporate, and bring to a low boil.  Turn down to simmer for a few minutes, before pouring over salmon, and vegetables.  So easy, and really delicious.

Fall has truly arrived, and it's time to get a few more visits to the park in before it's too cold.  Fresh air and crisp leaves can cheer anyone up- so I'm off!  Have a great weekend, XoXoGFG!

No comments:

Post a Comment