Thursday, January 5, 2012

Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Chocolate Mug Cake

Hmmm.  What do you get when you combine chocolate, a mug, and a microwave?  The ubiquitous chocolate mug cake that has been making the interweb rounds of course!  (CCK is probably the most popular example)

I am not the first person to try making one of these bad boys.  In fact, I've tried my hand at it a few times already, without much success.  I blame prior failures to the wrong ratio of flour : liquid. 

This time was very, very different.  My only disappointment is how puny the serving size was, well, in comparison to my enormous coffee mug I guess.    This super fast and super yummy treat is the answer to my chocolate-covered prayers.  Make this NOW! 

Grain-Free, Sugar-Free, Chocolate Mug Microwave Cake
2 tsp coconut flour (yes teaspoons)
1 tbsp, plus 2 tsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tbsp oil
1 1/2 tbsp sugar-free vanilla liquid sweetener, or plain sugar-free liquid sweetener plus a drop of vanilla extract
2 tbsp (nut)milk
a few sugar-free chocolate chips if you have 'em, or some chopped nuts

Into a mug goes your coconut flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.  Mix very well.  Then add your oil, liquid sweetener, and 1 tbsp of your milk.  Mix well and see how wet the mixture is.  You want it pretty soupy since it's coconut flour, so add the next tbsp of milk if it looks a little spongy still.  Throw in your choc. chips or nuts and then microwave for one minute.  Mine was still pretty undercooked at one minute, but your microwave may be stronger than mine, so check after a minute.  Since there's no egg, it won't hurt if it's a little underdone!  If you wanted to try it out using vanilla creme stevia, that's a great idea as well, you'd just need to experiment with the amount of nutmilk you use.  The best part is, if you ruin a couple batches, it's no big deal, you've hardly used any ingredients!

Have fun with this one!

3 comments:

  1. I am very excited to try this! Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these! I will need to try out your recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. let me know what you guys think! it is so dang easy, its a bit dangerous!

    ReplyDelete