Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins (throw all the ingredients in the blender!!)

Miss me?  We were in blissful Door County WI for a week and I thoroughly enjoyed the awesome weather, beautiful beaches, delicious local produce, and super fun July 4th parade.  I wish I could go back.  I think about it all year long.

But back to the real world we came!  And back to baking some weekly staples on Sundays.

Sometimes you have to throw together a really fast muffin batter, and sometimes you have ingredients that really need to be used up.  This recipe accomplishes both.  I had a languishing jar of applesauce about to go bad, so I thought- cinnamon applesauce muffins would be good!  Best of all, I experimented throwing everything in the blender at once, and it worked out great!

Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins (sugar, grain, gluten, dairy free!)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp kosher salt
11/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp chia seed
1 heaping tbsp cinnamon (add more if you like)
4 room temp eggs
1/4 cup walnut oil
1/2 cup SF liquid sweetener
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce

Throw all your ingredients into your blender, turn it on, et voila- yummy applesauce muffin batter.  Bake at 350 until the tops are browned nicely.  This made 8 muffins.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment