Sunday, May 20, 2012

Nom Nom Paleo's Korean Shortribs

Ever read Nom Nom Paleo?  Great blog.  Cool new iPad app too.  I recommend it!

Last weekend I bought some grass-fed short ribs at the farmers market.  Stupidly, I bought 1 measly pound, not realizing most of it would be bone.  Amateur move folks.  But, the few morsels we got were pretty damn tasty.  I made Nom Nom Paleo's sauce, with a few deviations, but cooked them differently as I did not want to drag out the slow cooker for a pitiful lb of meat.  For the full instructions on nom nom's ribs, click here.

Here's what I did:

Covered ribs with S&P and broiled about 7 minutes per side.  In a dutch oven, throw a bag of frozen asian veg in with some S&P, a few whole green onions, and some carrots.  Lay seared meat on top.  Reduce oven temp to 350.  Pour sauce over top, and cook for about 90 minutes.  I did not make the sauce exactly as in the link, so here's what I did in case you are lazy like me.

Delish Asian Shortrib Sauce
1 whole pear, cut up
1 cup water
1/2 cup gluten free soy sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
3 green onions
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp vietnamese garlic chili sauce
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp kosher salt
1 inch of ginger, don't bother peeling, cut up into bitty chunks

Blend this whole thing on high until smooth, and pour over your meat and veggies.  Into the oven they go until nice and tender!

Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment