Monday, February 6, 2012

Banana Vanilla Protein Pancakes

I've had some vanilla protein powder in the pantry for quite awhile.  I had first purchased Jay Robb vanilla, which I really liked a lot- but then got this brand as it was wayyyyyyyyy cheaper.  There are only a couple completely sugar free whey protein isolate powders out there, with the minimal additives I was looking for, and this was one of them.  It's ok, but not great.  I really prefer Jay Robb- but I am not going to waste this stuff!  But it's tough to get motivated to make an "ok" shake when I know that is basically my meal, so I hardly ever use it.  Not today!  These Banana Vanilla Protein Pancakes were awesome, and I felt even better about serving them to my family than usual because of the added protein punch. 

Banana Vanilla Protein Pancakes
1 overripe banana
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 scoop protein powder
3-4 tbsp milk, or water

Mash your banana then add in your eggs and vanilla and incorporate.  Then add your dry ingredients.  Pour a little water or milk into your pancakes until it has the nice pourable consistency you want.  This made 10 small to medium sized pancakes.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment