Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fancy Crab Dip

Super Bowl shmooper bowl.  Honestly, who cares.  The one and only reason I was looking forward to Sunday was because I wanted to try this crab dip recipe.  Someone pinned a Paula Deen crab dip recipe- upon further inspection it was about a gallon of mayo and a brick of cheese.  Eh, no thanks.  So I improvised and came up with something much more my style.  This dip was very easy to throw together- I did not use a mixer and it took only a few minutes, not counting bake time.  Totally delish and a fabulous app for a party.  Next time you need a quick dip recipe and don't feel like making guac, give this a try.  You'll be glad you did!

Fancy Chive Crab Dip
1 16 oz. can crab meat
8 ounces (at least, I used about 9) softened cream cheese, or neufchatel
juice of one lemon
1/4 cup chopped chives
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp (give or take) Old Bay seasoning

Grease a small baking dish.  Mix all ingredients together and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.  Serve with crudite and you've got a dip touchdown!  Sorry.

1 comment: