Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Spinach Muffins!

So this is a fun new twist on egg muffins!  I once again found inspiration on Pinterest, and I'm so glad I did!  I make egg muffins every weekend that everyone snacks on during the week, but once in awhile you just have to switch things up.  The recipe I originally found was a little fancier than I needed it to be, I just wanted to make something nutritious and yummy that would be a good grab-and-go breakfast item for M during the week, and also an easy way to get little miss hippopotamus to eat her veggies.

Spinach Muffins
12 ounce bag of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup cottage cheese
2 eggs
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Blend everything together in your blender, then distribute evenly into 12 muffin cups.  I love my silicone muffin cups, they make clean-up super fast.  I baked mine for about 35 minutes in a 350 oven because I wanted them to brown slightly.  As you can see this is a very simple recipe that you can tweak and adapt as you like.  Serving these for din?  Add parm, mozzarella, garlic, or even some chopped sun dried tomatoes! But for an easy breakfast or toddler veg, these are awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment